June 22, 2008

I'm so sick of the piece below it makes my esophagus crumple up into the back of my mouth, squeezing years of collected food residue onto my tongue. I needn't tell you how unpleasant that is. The entire process of rendering that thing has been an exercise in futility. I had this great idea, this clear image of what it was suppose to be but with every stroke of colour I seemed to be pushing it further and further from that image. So instead of dragging it down a dusty, gravel road killing it painfully and slowly, which I've been doing all weekend, I've decided to euthanize it. I'm going to stop you before you can even think of a clever slogan, dripping with morality to picket my home with by asking you to put yourselves in my shoes: what would you do when your work screamed for death every second that it lived? Who long would you withstand its cries for mercy? I gave life and so too, shall I taketh away.

Anyway, I started a new one using the same sketch and it's already, like, infinity times better.

No comments: