June 08, 2008

Last night was so hot. I don't mean hot like involving a female, apprentice, tattoo artist I mean like the smell of my scrotum was making me sick. And that was directly after I had a shower. I was of the mind that sleeping would be impossible because it was so tropical in my room but I managed to pass out. Luckily I was on my bed at the time. There are too many sharp corners in here; so many that if I did pass out from whatever I'd probably be found the next day impaled on my desk. My room is a death trap for children.

I thought I would weather the heat by working on some stuff but I was sweating so profusely that the palm of my hand was leaving a huge wet spot on the paper. It was only a preliminary drawing but still, ew. Temperature aside, I managed to finish another digital piece that I'm borderline happy with. It looks cool but it didn't turn out anywhere near what I intended. I rolled with it, I guess.

I'm disappointed though not remotely surprised that that alien video was comletely fake. Not just fake but a rip off of an earlier, equally shitty alien video. It's sort of sad though I can relate on some level that people were willing to put common sense aside and believe that yes, that blurry, awkward shape peering through that window was indeed an extraterrestrial. Like, let's think about this: a race of humoid beings who have the technology to travel across unimaginable distances come to Earth and resort to amateur voyeurism? Really? Seriously guy-who-made-that-video-and-tried-to-pass-it-off-is-authentic? I would have a better time believing that a crop circle shaped like a penis was real than that nonesense.

It's really a poignant reflection of the desperation of society.  There are people so in need of answers or something that's sympathetic to what they believe, that they would throw away logic to reassure themselves. It's not like that if it were real, they could say "Okay, there: it's real and they do exist. Now the government has to de-classify all its UFO and alien files." And the government would say, "Okay, you're right. Here you go." I think there's a thought (realisation to some) that beings from beyond this world are the only things to save us; that mankind is doomed without them. Or maybe it's that they want the answers to life that we can't seem to figure out yet and aliens are just the cure for societal A.D.D. Or maybe some people are really interested in being probed but are too afraid to buy a dildo. Whatever the reason, if they do show up, I hope they have super absorbant space clothes for scrotal perspiration.

No comments: